I kept a light deep down inside
hidden away for only you
I let it shine when by your side
with you, I let it through
You saved my life, you saved my soul
You saw the dying light in me
that the monster never stole
the glow he could not see
So many fall when they're abused
into the cycle they went through
but I grew up and just refused
And it's because of you
And in the end that light became
the person who I am today
that dying spark grew to a flame
and now it guides my way
for it's the light I want to be
despite the darkness of my youth
and it's that light the world will see
because you saw the truth
So many fall when they're abused
and they get lost in misery
but my true light never diffused
thank you for seeing me
No comments:
Post a Comment