Sunday 28 January 2024

ONE MORE DAY

just give me one more day
O, Lord, please, God, I pray
don't make me go away

i'd go through any pain
again and again. and again
just, please, let me remain 

it's so hard to say goodbye
when there's still tears in their eyes
please don't let me die 

my babies need me near
i'll stay to calm their fears
i'll stay to dry their tears 

just let them hold my hand
until they understand
the things that I had planned 

the things I meant to say
it hurts, but let me stay
just give me one more day

   mama, it's okay
   you loved us every day
   your heart was always true
   there's nothing left to do
   you always did your best
   now it's your turn to rest
   you don't need one more day
   we're gonna be okay
   please don't feel sad
   go be with mom and dad

No comments: