Monday 4 June 2018

A SUNBEAM ON A LEAF, REFLECTED IN A PUDDLE

can I look at you,
little Creation,
(thank you for existing)
so beautifully different
from other things
I've seen today
with your wiggles and windings
drawing my eyes
into a crooked, broken adventure
with your firey flashes
of colours
that heal blindness
and fill my head with song
let me look,
memorizing your secret beauty
a whisper from God
taking it in
no longer nearly dead of thirst

can I then describe you,
little Creation
walking you in
through my excited senses
down into the broken, crooked
adventure inside me
and then leading you out again
with slightly altered
wiggles and windings
and my own colours
another whisper
as nourishing as God's
but so beautifully different
shaped and stained
by my own pain and fear
(thank you for existing)
and passed along
to the thirsty world

No comments: